Posted on 11 January 2017
Here is an opportunity to engage with other CUPE members and serve your Union! CUPE 3912 is looking for a new representative for the Teaching Assistants at Studley Campus, Dalhousie University. Under our new bylaws, this position is a two year term that will run until April 2019.
Please note that the Vice-President at Dalhousie, representing Teaching Assistants, Studley Campus is a member of the Executive of CUPE 3912 not an employee and is, therefore, an elected position.
Anyone interested in the position must be a Teaching Assistant at the Studley Campus of Dalhousie.
No experience is required. CUPE 3912 will provide any necessary training. The time commitment varies throughout the year, but an average would be about 5 hours a week.
The Vice-President, Dal, Studley TAs represents teaching assistants and lab instructors and others in treating issues at their work for Dalhousie.
• a central duty will be to receive communications from teaching assistants and others about concerns related to employment at Dalhousie
• a related duty is to serve on the Labour management committee at Dalhousie
• submitting written reports at each General Meeting and each Executive Meeting
• attend and participate in all discussions and decisions of the Executive Board of CUPE
• represent the interests of teaching assistants at Dalhousie Studley
As a member of the executive, Vice-President at Dalhousie, representing Teaching Assistants, Studley Campus receives an honorarium.
Members who are interested should contact the nominating committee by February 10, 2017 after which the Executive will set a date for the election.
Please contact the nominating committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (put “Studley rep” in the subject line) if you are interested or for more information.