POSTED ON January 11, 2017
Here’s an opportunity to engage with other CUPE members and serve your union! CUPE 3912 is looking for a new Treasurer. Under our new bylaws, this position is a two year term that will run until April 2019.
Please note that the Treasurer is a member of the Executive of CUPE 3912 not an employee and is, therefore, an elected position.
Anyone interested in the position must be a member in good standing of the union (a member who has taught one course at one of the three universities in the last three years or who is a TA at Dalhousie).
No experience is required. CUPE 3912 will provide any necessary training. The time commitment varies throughout the year, but an average would be about 5 hours a week.
The Treasurer takes care of financial matters including:
• bookkeeping using CUPE’s electronic ledger,
• depositing rebates,
• making payments,
• serving as liaison with the local’s and employers’ payroll services,
• participating in the investments committee and Executive meetings,
• corresponding with CUPE National in financial matters and
• ensuring that the local’s trustees finish the yearly audit.
As a member of the executive, the Treasurer receives an honorarium.
Members who are interested should contact the nominating committee by February 10, 2017 after which the Executive will set a date for the election.
Please contact the nominating committee at firstname.lastname@example.org (put “Treasurer” in the subject line) if you are interested or for more information.